Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My First Easel Card...........




well i think i must be the last card maker on earth who has completed an easel card, but its true i have at last succumbed to the trend of easel cards and this is my first attempt, and if i do say myself i do quite like it. It is my sisters birthday today and up until last night i hadnt made her a card (shock and horror) so i was up until around 12.30 last night making this, and i made one for the kids to send to her.
The image is a Christmas tilda, she had holly in her hair but i just covered it with a bead so it looked like a bobble in her pony tail, the papers were from a book i got in lidl, lots of prima and wild orchid crafts flowers, pins from the haberdashery, stickles and flourishes to complete the look i think the sentiment is one i picked up from the local market it looks like Kanban to me.
Im entering my card into this weeks Wild orchid crafts challenge, the criteria was sparkle and i think this qualifies LOL!

2 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Karen,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sam said...

Gorgeous Karen. :)
I love those flowers.
x